Dr. Hichem Karoui
Sociologist, Columnist, commentator and consultant for the media and the think tanks. Novelist and poet.
Non-Resident Senior Fellow at the Center for China and Globalization. Beijing.
Columnist-commentator, free-lance analyst for CGTN (ex-CCTV) News, Beijing Review, and other outlets.
Advisor at the Diplomatic Institute. Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Qatar.
Newspaper Columnist for The Gulf Today (UAE) and Al-Madinah (KSA).
Associate Researcher at the Arab Center for Research and Policy Studies (ACRPS). Coordinator of the Political Unit. Head of Electronic publishing.
*Published more than 26 books, including translations, in 3 languages (Arabic, English, French).
* Supervised (reviewing and/or editing) all the publications produced by the Diplomatic Institute (Doha) since October 2013, in Arabic or English.
*Authored co-authored, edited, and published hundreds of daily, weekly and monthly briefings, reports and analyses, peer-reviewed articles, monographs and books, about Arab and international politics.
* Participated in many international conferences, at the panel, as a member of the organizing team, or covering for the media.
*From 2011 through 2013, as Associate Researcher at the Arab Center for Research and Political Studies (ACRPS), served as supervisor of the Website’s publishing and Coordinator of the Political Unit.
*In 2009, as researcher at the Sorbonne’s Center for contemporary orient studies (Paris III), has founded and edited a peer-reviewed academic journal, Middle East Studies, which several renowned scholars have joined to serve as members of the international Editorial Board.
* Has been involved with the media since career beginning, thus serving at different posts: reporter, investigation journalist, copy editor, cultural journalist, political columnist, executive editor.
* Translated a number of books. Also reviewed translations for publishers.
* Member of several academic boards.